Join us in the UCD O’Brien Centre for Science where we will showcase UCD Chemistry on Thursday 11 November at 6pm. It will comprise a series of talks from graduates and current students, a chance to meet lecturers and a talk on the course structure and details of Chemistry in UCD. The programme of events is as follows:
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Welcome, Refreshments & Tours
Registration in the foyer of the UCD O’Brien Centre for Science. Tea and coffee will be served with a chance to talk to staff and students from the following areas:
- Academic staff from UCD School of Chemistry
- UCD Career Development Centre staff
- UCD ChemSoc (student chemistry society)
- Royal Society of Chemistry staff
Tours of the UCD O’Brien Centre for Science
Twenty-minute tours of the UCD O’Brien Centre for Science with current undergraduate Chemistry students will also be on offer during this period. This will be a great chance to see the world-class facilities available to Chemistry students in UCD.
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Chemistry Open Evening Talks
Dr Grace Morgan (Senior Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry) chair a series of talks about Chemistry in UCD and the career options available to students after graduation. This includes a series of short talks by alumni and current students. Details of the speakers and their talks are listed below:
- Professor Gareth Redmond, Head of UCD School of Chemistry
- Dr Grace Morgan: Course Structure and details of Chemistry in UCD
- Ms Amy Donoghue: 2nd Year Science student with an interest in the Chemistry stream
- Mr Michael O’Sullivan: 4th Year Medicinal Chemistry undergraduate and GSK internship representative.
- Mr Brian Gaynor: UCD Chemistry graduate and current 2nd Year PhD student
- UCD BSc Graduate 2015 – Details of speaker to be confirmed shortly.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions about any of the course areas at the end of the talks in a Q&A session.
Admission is free but pre-booking is essential. Prospective students may book a place on the UCD Chemistry Open Evening webpage.